- Education And Career
- Companies & Markets
- Gadgets & Technology
- After Hours
- Banking & Finance
- Energy & Infra
- Case Study
- Web Exclusive
- Property Review
- Digital India
- Work Life Balance
- Test category by sumit
The Most Influential 100 Inside World Of Crypto
The global cryptocurrency market cap today is $845 Billion and surpassed a trillion-dollar value multiple times this year. There are 13,258 cryptocurrencies getting traded across 606 exchanges as of today’s data.
Photo Credit :
Cryptocurrency has become more than just a buzzword for the tech- and business-savvy. While it may have only gained the traction that it has over the past couple of years, cryptocurrency, or crypto, has been around since 2009.
The global cryptocurrency market cap today is $845 Billion and surpassed a trillion-dollar value multiple times this year. There are 13,258 cryptocurrencies getting traded across 606 exchanges as of today’s data. As more people are getting interested in blockchain and cryptocurrency every day, there is a need to stay informed and updated. The technology is new so it's always best to follow the best ones to know what’s happening around the industry.
This year, we have sorted through our list of the leaders in crypto to choose THE 100. We’ve also deviated slightly from the more traditional definition of what an influencer is to include individuals who, while not influencers per se themselves, are respected and looked up to in the industry.
The below list is our interpretation of “The Most Influential 100 inside World of Crypto”
1. Vitalik Buterin: Ethereum co-founder and one of the world’s youngest crypto billionaires. A researcher and developer, he also co-founded Bitcoin Magazine.
2. Tim Draper: A prominent venture capitalist and founder of the venture capital firm Draper Fisher Jurvetson and Draper University, Tim Draper has invested in Skype, Tesla, SpaceX, Twitter, and Coinbase
3. Changpeng Zhao: Changpeng Zhao is the CEO of Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange by volume
4. Michael Saylor: Michael Saylor is Founder, Chairman, and CEO at MicroStrategy, an enterprise analytics and mobility software company (the largest business intelligence company that is publicly traded).
5. Brian Armstrong: Co-founder and CEO at the open cryptocurrency trading platform and wallet Coinbase. He also co-founded GiveCrypto
6. Ben Zhou: Co-founder and CEO of Bybit, one of the top three crypto exchanges in the world. He is also a committer and supporter of BitDAO.
7. Elizabeth Stark: Co-founder and CEO at Lightning Labs, which created the open source, secure, and scalable Lightning Network to transfer money efficiently
8. Jack Dorsey: Co-founder and CEO of Twitter, and Founder and CEO of the financial services company Square
9. Charlie Lee: Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency Enthusiast. Ex-Director of Engineering at Coinbase. Managing Director of the Litecoin Foundation
10. Meltem Demirors: Chief Strategy Officer at CoinShares, an industry-leading digital asset fund managing $1+ billion
11. Chris Dixon: General Partner at Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) and a leader of its crypto funds ($865 million)
12. Anatoly Yakovenko: Russian computer engineer and Solana (SOL) project co-founder
13. Andreas M. Antonopoulos: Bitcoin, open blockchains, security. entrepreneur, coder, atheist, pacifist, pilot. Author of: Mastering Bitcoin, The Internet of Money, Mastering Ethereum.
14. Roger Ver: World’s first Investor in Bitcoin startups.
15. Naval Ravikant: A serial entrepreneur and angel investor with numerous successful tech startups in his wake, Naval is most notable for being co-founder of Angelist in 2010, which subsequently spun off subsidiary Coinlist in October 2017 to offer ICO services to startups and investors.
16. Justin Sun: Founder of @tronfoundation丨@BitTorrent丨@utorren. The First Millennial Graduate of Hupan University Founded By Jack Ma From @alibabagroup #TRON #TRX $TRX #BTT $BTT
17. Erik Voorhees: CEO at Shapeshift, co-founder of Coinapult, worked as Marketing Director at BitInstant (one of the earliest crypto exchanges), and was the founder of bitcoin gambling site Satoshi Dice.
18. Devin Finzer: Co-founder and current CEO of OpenSea, the biggest NFT marketplace in the world.
19. Punk 6529: He owns a number of rare, precious NFTs and has over 240,000 followers on Twitter.
20. Barry Silbert: Founder and CEO of the pivotal blockchain company Digital Currency Group, the parent company of CoinDesk, Grayscale, Genesis, Foundry, and Luno.
21. Charles Hoskinson: Co-founder of Input Output HK. Invictus Innovations (Bitshares Network) and Ethereum.
22. Michael Joseph Winkelmann: Mostly known as Beeple in the crypto space, is a digital artist, and graphic designer.
23. Raoul Pal: Founder and CEO of Real Vision
24. Alex Mashinsky: Alex has generated over $1.5 billion as the creator of eight firms and three Unicorns, with over $3 billion in exits, and currently leads the Celsius team with more than $25 billion in crypto assets.
25. Adam Back: Co-founder and CEO of Blockstream, a blockchain and Bitcoin technology company, and creator of Liquid.
26. Gavin Wood: Co-Founder of Ethereum, President, and Founder at Web3 Foundation, developer of the Polkadot Protocol.
27. Nick Szabo: Blockchain, cryptocurrency, and smart contracts pioneer
28. Kevin Rose: Kevin Rose is about more than just crypto, but he’s still very influential in the blockchain sphere. The former CEO of Digg turned investor runs the Block Zero podcast.
29. Michael Edward Novogratz: Former partner of the financial company known as Fortress Investment Group in the United States. He is the current CEO of Galaxy Investment Partners, which mainly concentrates on crypto investments.
30. Sandeep Nailwal: The founder of Polygon (MATIC) and an Indian entrepreneur. Nailwal is also the creator of the Crypto Covid Relief Fund in India.
31. Cathie Wood: Founder, CEO, and CIO at ARK Invest, an investment advisory that only invests in disruptive innovations.
32. Helen Liu: Chief Operating Officer of Bybit, the world’s third most visited crypto exchange.
33. Kathleen Breitman: CEO of Dynamic Ledger Solutions and Co-founder at Tezos, a self- amending cryptographic ledger, and creator of the unreleased blockchain-based trading card game Emergents
34. Hayden Adams: Founder of Uniswap, a decentralized trading protocol for ERC-20 tokens on Ethereum.
35. Francis Xavier Suarez: 43rd mayor of Miami and an American lawyer and politician. Suarez is a crypto-friendly politician who has advocated for Miami's growth as a cryptocurrency metropolis.
36. Joseph Lubin: Co-founder of Ethereum and Founder of ConsenSys, a blockchain studio and consultancy creating decentralized applications, developer tools, and enterprise solutions on Ethereum.
37. Uri Kolodny: CEO and Co-Founder of StarkWare, a company that creates zero-knowledge proof technology for permissionless blockchains using technology created at Technion by Prof.
38. Lyn Alden: Bitcoin OG and the Founder of Lyn Alden Investment Strategy.
39. Jeremy Allaire: Co-founder, Chairman, and CEO of Circle, a globally distributed payment system using blockchain.
40. Tyler Winklevoss: Co-Founder and CEO of Gemini
41. Nischal Shetty: Co-Founder of WazirX and Shardeum
42. Sergey Nazarov: Co-Founder of Chainlink
43. Esteban Ordano: Software engineer and co-founder of Decentraland
44. Stani Kulechov: Founder and CEO of Aave
45. Marc Lowell Andreessen: An American entrepreneur, investor, and software engineer. He is the co-author of Mosaic, the first widely used web browser; co-founder of Netscape; and co-founder and general partner of Silicon Valley venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz
46. Elon Musk: Avid supporter of crypto and was one of if not the biggest contributors to Dogecoin's success. He is also the new owner of Twitter Inc
47. Ryan Selkis: Founder and CEO at Messari, a crypto data and market intelligence startup.
48.Abhyudoy Das: Face of crypto marketing in Asia. Successfully exited as Co-Founder of Ecoin. Currently the Head of Bybit India and advisor of Trace Metaverse and multiple international crypto start-ups.
49. Gavin Andresen: Founder and Chief Scientist at Bitcoin Foundation. Prior to this, he was the Lead Core Bitcoin Developer at TruCoin.
50. Peter Smith: CEO and Co-Founder of Blockchain, the leading financial technology for digital currencies and distributed ledgers and the top Bitcoin wallet, API, and network data platform.
51. Olaf Carlson-Wee: Founder and CEO of Polychain Capital, one of the top cryptocurrencies and blockchain investment funds, with investments in 48 companies.
52. J. L. van der Velde: CEO at Bitfinex.
53. Rune Christensen: Co-founder and CEO of MakerDAO, the issuer of the first stablecoin for the Ethereum blockchain, Dai.
54. Paul Tudor Jones: Founder, Chief Investment Officer, and Co-chairman of Tudor Investment Corporation
55. Ben Goertzel: CEO of Singularity.net, an open market for AIs using blockchain, aiming to democratize AI creation, access, and benefits.
56. Emilie Choi: President and COO of Coinbase.
57. Chamath Palihapitiya: Venture capitalist, engineer, SPAC sponsor, and the founder and CEO of Social Capital.
58. Nayib Bukele: President of El Salvador, the first country to officially adopt Bitcoin.
59. Gary Gensler: US SEC Chairman.
60. Dan Tapiero: Seasoned Global Macro investor and GBI co-founder.
61. Zac Prince: Founder and CEO at BlockFi, blockchain-powered wealth management software for investors in cryptocurrencies, offering interest-bearing accounts, credit, and trading.
62. Kate Rouch: Chief Marketing Officer of Coinbase, a leading crypto exchange globally
63. He Yi: Co-Founder and CMO of Binance. Leader of Binance Labs
64. Sumit Gupta: Indian crypto entrepreneur and CEO of CoinDCX
65. Dan Morehead: Founder and CEO of Pantera Capital, the first US investment firm with funds in cryptocurrencies and blockchain.
66. Asra Nadeem: President of Draper University and Draper University Venture Fund
67. Joyce Kim: Co-founder and Executive Director of Stellar, an open payment network using blockchain to bridge global and digital currencies and assets
68. Su Zhu: Co-Founder and CEO of Three Arrows Capital Ltd, a Singapore-based hedge fund.
69. Brandon Chez: Founder and CEO of CoinMarketCap, one of the most-visited sources of cryptocurrency rankings, data, and others.
70. Fred Ehrsam: Co-founder of the early-stage crypto and blockchain investment fund Paradigm 71. Jinglan Wang: Co-founder and CEO at Optimism PBC, an Ethereum OVM that aims “to enhance and enshrine fair access to public goods on the internet through the development of open-source software.”
72. Galia Benartzi: Co-founder and in Business Development at The Bprotocol Foundation, developing the Bancor protocol, which creates tradable smart tokens leveraging algorithmic pricing and the network effect.
73. Nathaniel Whittermore: Host of The Breakdown, a popular daily crypto podcast with numerous followers. He led marketing for FTX which faced bankruptcy recently.
74. Kathryn Haun: General partner at Andreessen Horrowitz's crypto division
75. Andre Cronje: DeFi Architect at Ethereum and freelance, with projects including yearn.finance, curve.finance, and ytrade.finance. He is also Chief Crypto Code Reviewer at the ICO review and cryptocurrency media company CryptoBriefing.
76. Laura Shin: Host of the podcasts Unchained and Unconfirmed, and her upcoming book will be published by PublicAffairs
77. Danny Ryan: Researcher leading Eth2 at the Ethereum Foundation. Prior to this, he was a cryptocurrency investor and contributed to open-source Ethereum projects
78. Roneil Rumburg: Audius' Co-Founder and CEO. Roneil has also served as an Engineering Partner at KPCB Edge
79. Ari Paul: Co-founder and Chief Information Officer of BlockTower Capital
80. Leah Wald: CEO of Valkyrie Funds
81. Preethi Kasireddy: Writer and autodidact who offers a free email course on cryptocurrency
82. Linda Xie: Co-founder of the crypto asset investment management company Scalar Capital
83. Arianna Simpson: Deal Partner at Andreessen Horowitz and Managing Director at Autonomous Partners (ASP), a crypto hedge and venture capital fund.
84. Ashish Singhal: CEO of CoinSwitch Kuber, a crypto aggregator unicorn
85. Joe DiPasquale: CEO of BitBull Capital, the first cryptocurrency fund of hedge funds
86.Kain Warwick: Founder at Synthetix
87. Amber Baldet: Co-founder and CEO of Clovyr. A leader in the financial industry’s turn towards blockchain, she was Executive Director for the Blockchain Center of Excellence at J.P. Morgan and is on the Blockchain Council of the World Economic Forum
88. Kristin Smith: Executive Director of the Blockchain Association, a trade association located in Washington, DC
89. Muneeb Ali: Co-founder of Blockstack, an open-source network to build Bitcoin apps and smart contracts.
90. Mike Belshe: Co-founder and CEO at BitGo, offering institutional support for crypto assets security, finance, trading, and custody.
91. Bobby Ong: Co-founder and Chief Operating Officer at CoinGecko, a data aggregator charting 7,000+ cryptocurrencies on 400+ exchanges.
92. Dan Schulman: President and CEO of PayPal, which has recently allowed users to buy, hold, and sell cryptocurrencies within their PayPal wallets.
93. Balaji Srinivasan: CTO of Coinbase and cofounder of Counsyl, Earn, Teleport, Coin Center.
94. Robert Leshner: CEO and Founder of Compound Labs
95. Soichiro Takaoka: Founder and CEO of Social Good Foundation, Japan
96. CRYPTO CO฿AIN: Founder of crypto Twitter.
97. Elemont: Co-Founder and CEO of Vita Inu (Vinu) cryptocurrency
98. Lourdes Sánchez: Model and strong supporter of cryptocurrency
99. Bogdan Evtushenko: CEO and Co-Founder of Trace Metaverse.
100. Billy Markus: Co-Founder of meme token Dogecoin.
Now you have it, an all-around tour around the world of Crypto to know the 100 most influential people here. Our list is always a work in progress and we’re constantly refining the algorithm we use to measure influence. We’d really love to hear all feedback from the crypto community — please let us know your thoughts in the comments.