Like each year, the B-school ranking for 2022 was determined by the BW Education research team. The team conducts surveys measuring the B-schools of our country against 10 broad parameters and 50 sub-parameters.
BW Education invited more than 500 institutes to participate in the survey. The data for the ranking was sourced either directly from the institutes, through public records, or from secondary sources. The ranking also took into account a perceptual survey conducted among industry and faculty members.
The perceptual survey was carried out by BW Businessworld with 1,000 stakeholders who were asked to rate the B-schools they were familiar with on a 10-point scale. The stakeholders included 250 aspiring students, 250 current students, 350 alumni, and 150 recruiters.
- Leadership: Leadership qualities of the institute CEO /Director and the governance of the institute
- Faculty enhancement programmes: Is the environment in the institute conducive for growth of faculty, their training? Measures taken by the institute to enable faculty to do research.
- Admission process: How stringent is the selection process of students?
- Curriculum and pedagogy: How updated is the curriculum? How effective is the teaching, learning process? What are the innovations in pedagogy?
- Industry linkages: How strong are the linkages with the industry? Joint research projects undertaken by faculty with industry, and industry exposure given to students.
- Research: How conducive is the environment for faculty to do research? Publications in A, B, C grade journals.
- Infrastructure: How well-kept are the institute buildings, labs, IT-enabled classrooms, library, electronic databases, hostels, etc.?
- Placements: The proportion of total students getting placed, average salaries, types of companies visiting the campus.
ix. Global interface: Measures taken by the institute to promote global outlook.
- ROI: Is every student getting his/ her worth of money spent on college? Are the facilities / quality of education at par with the fee charged?