- Education And Career
- Companies & Markets
- Gadgets & Technology
- After Hours
- Banking & Finance
- Energy & Infra
- Case Study
- Web Exclusive
- Property Review
- Digital India
- Work Life Balance
- Test category by sumit
Re-Imagining The Concept Of Home
House plants are already a hit when it comes to the modern urban décor sensibilities, the emphasis towards these would definitely go up. Since COVID-19 itself is an air-borne disease people would want to infuse their homes with as much green and safe décor products as they can.
Photo Credit :
At this point saying that COVID-19 has changed the world as it was known will be like reiterating the obvious. But it is true, nothing has remained the same, our homes now double down as not only our offices but also from where we virtually interact with the whole of our social circle. A complete overhaul in the way people approach the concept of home décor is expected. Here are a few definite changes that might come about in the way people approach the concept of home décor:
1. More emphasis on hygiene- The most obvious progression in the aftermath of the pandemic would be to have spaces that are not just clean but which would not leave any scope for any unhygienic element to creep in. There might be a large exodus of consumers towards greener products, a surge in the demands of germ-resistant products is expected too.
2. Every house getting its garden- House plants are already a hit when it comes to the modern urban décor sensibilities, the emphasis towards these would definitely go up. Since COVID-19 itself is an air-borne disease people would want to infuse their homes with as much green and safe décor products as they can.
3. Eco-friendly products having their time in the sun- Uniworks Designs already encourage its clients to shift their focus towards products that are eco-friendly. After this pandemic, however, more proactive gravitation towards these products is expected. For anyone wondering how they can make their homes eco-friendly, it does not have to be anything major. Something as small as using Jute curtains or paints with negligible VOC can go a long way.
4. Integration of the home-office in the lives of people- Working from home has opened up our homes to virtually everyone we are interacting with on a day-to-day basis. Homes are no longer confined to being spaces meant just for close friends or family. This means that people are likely to spend more time, money, and energy in curating just the right mix of elements that would sync well with their desirable self-image to decorate their homes. With most of the companies making work from home mandatory until at least the end of this year, this market will not be losing its appeal any time soon.
5. Smart furniture- In order to cope with the present scenario, our household furnitures need to be updated this in turn can help in attaining better hygiene and environment. We are working towards designing smart furniture and the attachments which can help in creating a better work space for the user in terms of proper work posture, monitoring quality of space they are working in, compact and easy accessibility and ambient environment with materials which facilitates healthy activities.
As everyone finds their way around the new normal as it has come to be known now, one thing which would be constant is our tendency to seek safe refuge in our homes and the starting point for that has always been and always will be a clean and clutter-free environment. Keeping the home as clutter-free as possible can prove to be an instant mood-enhancer.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house. Unless otherwise noted, the author is writing in his/her personal capacity. They are not intended and should not be thought to represent official ideas, attitudes, or policies of any agency or institution.