- Education And Career
- Companies & Markets
- Gadgets & Technology
- After Hours
- Banking & Finance
- Energy & Infra
- Case Study
- Web Exclusive
- Property Review
- Digital India
- Work Life Balance
- Test category by sumit
Honda Reveals Details Of All- New 5th Generation Honda City
Apart from other features, The New Honda City gets Alexa Support, To be launched in July 2020
Photo Credit :
New Honda City 2020
Honda Cars India Ltd today released the details of its All New 5th Generation Honda City, ahead of its launch in July 2020.
Honda City is one of the most successful car brands in India with very high brand equity. It was first introduced in India in its 1st Generation in January 1998 and later launched as 2nd generation in November 2003, 3rd Generation in September 2008, 4th Generation in January 2014 and has cumulatively sold 8 lakh units so far. The Honda City is currently sold in 60 countries with cumulative sales of 4 Mn units globally and is the leading brand of Honda in Asia and Oceania region.
The 5th generation Honda City embodies supremacy in its every detail, ranging from its styling, performance, space, comfort, connectivity and safety. In an Industry First move and in line with increasing usage trend of smart devices ecosystem, Honda City is India’s First Connected Car with Alexa remote capability.
Inspired by the Japanese Katana blade, used by ancient samurais, the All New City follows a continuity of lights with a sharp shoulder line that accentuates its premium look and length. This character line runs right from the headlamp all the way to the tail lamp defining its shape, making the hood seem longer, and gives the car a distinguishingly precise and aerodynamic impression. The exterior design combines sportiness and elegance with a more spacious cabin beyond its class making it the longest and widest sedan in its segment.
- Adoption of Daytime Running Light integrated with the solid wing face asserting overwhelming presence even in day time
- Full LED Headlamps with 9 LED Array Inline Shell, Integrated LED DRL and L Shaped LED Turn Signal
- Z Shaped 3D Wrap-around LED Tail Lamp with LED Side Marker Lamps
- 16-inch Diamond cut alloy wheel design with Shark Gray paint two tone appearance expresses strength & dynamic sportiness
The Interior colour, material and finish coordination is a contrast of beige and black to give a clutter-free and open feeling. The instrument panel is made in a horizontal and linear form for improved clarity of car’s sense and direction. The excellent driving visibility helps to reduce stress and contributes towards a safe drive.
- The dashboard with real stich soft pad and woody garnish; 20.3 cm Advanced Touchscreen Display Audio; Click-Feel AC dial with Red/ Blue Illumination, leather wrapped steering wheel & and shift lever and soft interior ambient lighting in front footwell and map lamp with LED interior room lamps.
- 7’inch Full Color TFT Meter for Multi-Function Driver Information Interface like Trip meter, Real-time fuel efficiency, Digital speed and an innovative G-meter
- Leather Upholstery with Contemporary Seat Design; Centre armrests & Door trims with soft pad, Rear AC Ventilation with improved Air Flow; Rear Sun Shade
- SO-KAI (INVIGORATING) COCKPIT based on Honda’s Man Maximum Machine Minimum Concept; Enhanced Visibility and Blind Spot reduction (Door mirrors mounted on door skin, Front Hood visibility suitable for India’s traffic situation, Rear visibility improvement by redesigned parcel tray & lower trunk lid, Enhanced dynamic visibility by horizontal dashboard design, Enhanced rear seat shoulder room, Best-in-class knee room & legroom to guarantee more comfort and hospitality, Top Class Trunk Capacity of 506L.
- Multiple storage spaces all around the car; Smartphone tray in center panel, Easy to access Cup holders in centre console, rear arm rest and 1L bottle holders in door pockets; New and convenient sub-pockets for smartphones inside the front seat back pockets.
NEWLY DESIGNED PLATFORM
- Improved High Efficiency Performance with enhanced light weight, high rigidity and collision safety.
- Increased use of Ultra High Tensile steel along with use of Super High Formability 980 MPa grade steel for first time in India as Honda, and other advanced high strength steel for increased rigidity and Weight reduction.
- Improved suspension set-up with reduced Friction for superior handling stability as well as ride comfort
- Improved Front torsional rigidity for confident driving dynamics at high speeds
- Improved Quietness & NVH using New technology like Spray Foam Sound Insulator in Body, Variable Thickness Insulator increased up to 3.5 times for Engine Undercover, and Full Double Sealing structure for Door
Honda’s EARTH DREAMS TECHNOLOGY range of BS-6 compliant powertrains.
- Newly introduced 1.5L i-VTEC DOHC with VTC (Variable Valve Timing Control) petrol engine to deliver high fuel efficiency, low emission and spirited driving performance
- Offered with All New 6 speed Manual Transmission and New 7 speed CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) with “full-open acceleration step up-shift control” and “brake operation step down-shift control” for reduced rubber-band effect
- 1.5L i-DTEC diesel engine to deliver best balance of powerful performance and high fuel economy despite the application of strict BS6 norms.
- 6 Speed Manual Transmission with new sliding mesh type reverse gear for improved quietness.
- Application of advanced exhaust gas after-treatment system with NSC (NOx Storage Catalyst) and DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) to meet the challenging target of particulate matter (PM) and nitrogen oxide (NOx) emission in case of diesel engines.
- Honda's original Silver Thin Coated DPF (STC-DPF) enables reduction of PM combustion time by 40% compared to the conventional DPF.
As per test data
1.5L i-VTEC (Petrol)
89 kW [121 PS] @ 6600 rpm
145 Nm@ 4300 rpm
MT - 17.8 kmpl
CVT - 18.4 kmpl
1.5L i-DTEC (Diesel)
73 kW [100 PS] @ 3600 rpm
200 Nm @1750 rpm
- Honda City is India’s First Connected Car with Alexa remote capability and will let customers conveniently interact with their car right from the comfort of their homes.
- Equipped with Next Generation Honda Connect with Telematics Control Unit (TCU) that offer over 32 connected features
- Customers can obtain a variety of information such as vehicle position and door lock status from a remote location
- Offers multiple functions such as Auto Crash Notification & Emergency Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Tracking, Security Alert, Geo-Fence Alert and many more