• News
  • Columns
  • Interviews
  • BW Communities
  • Events
  • BW TV
  • Subscribe to Print
BW Businessworld

After Mallikarjun Kharge, ED Summons Pawan Bansal For National Herald Case

Pawan Bansal to appear in National Herald case. ED had sent summons for production today while Mallikarjun Kharge was questioned yesterday

Photo Credit :


The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has taken major action in the National Herald case. In this case, today senior Congress leader and former Union Minister Pawan Bansal was produced in the ED office. He was summoned by the central agency for questioning. Earlier on Monday, the ED had also questioned Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge.

In the National Herald, many Congress party leaders have been made accused in the case. The investigation of the central agency in the case is increasing rapidly.

Senior Congress leader Pawan Kumar Bansal is the Managing Director of Associated Journals Limited and interim treasurer of the Congress Party. Now other promoters of Young Indian are expected to summon the ED soon in this case.

Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi held 76 per cent of the shares in the new company, while the remaining 24 per cent were with other directors. After this, the Congress party gave a loan of Rs 90 crore to this company and later this company acquired 'AJL'. Later in this case, Subramanian Swamy filed a petition alleging 'cheating' on the Congress leaders. He said in his petition that 'Young Indian Private Limited' figured out a way to recover Rs 90.25 crore in just Rs 50 lakh, which is "against the rules".