- Education And Career
- Companies & Markets
- Gadgets & Technology
- After Hours
- Banking & Finance
- Energy & Infra
- Case Study
- Web Exclusive
- Property Review
- Digital India
- Work Life Balance
- Test category by sumit
World Art Day: Five Ways To Appreciate It
There is no single correct way to absorb more art into your life, these tips can certainly help you get a fuller experience
Photo Credit :
Art is an essential part of how we understand and experience the world. As the greatest connoisseurs would tell you, you don't have to be an expert to comment on how you feel about an artwork. However, there are ways to make art a more integral part of your life.
There is no single correct way to absorb more art into your life, these tips can certainly help you get a fuller experience:
1. Visit Museums: Visiting museums is the most important part of learning to appreciate art. Most museums are a collection of the finest examples of art of a particular region, art movement, or idea. When one visits a museum, they experience art of the highest quality, and narratives that provide more examples for a better learning experience. Museums are also historically or chronologically arranged which allows you to understand art in a larger context. It is highly recommended that you visit all the government museums in India. They have the richest repositories one can find of Indian Art.
2. Visit Art Galleries: Art galleries are a great way to gather more insight into contemporary art culture. Almost every city in India has an art gallery network where artists showcase their latest body of work. These galleries also act as hubs where like-minded people from the art world meet which can give you the opportunity to meet more people, discuss art and learn about it from the galleries and artists directly.
3. Read about Art: There is no better way to appreciate art or a particular artist than from reading books on them. Almost every artist, style, or movement which has made it into the art canon, has been covered in books, journals and magazine. Once you have built theoretical knowledge and are familiar with the stories, it becomes easier to understand what you are seeing at galleries and museums.
4. Learn Art: While this might sound strange, the best way to understand art is to have basic knowledge of how art is made. When you understand the levels of difficulty or skill required to create something, you then begin to understand the nuances that go into the artwork you are seeing. Perhaps you understand the textures better or just by understanding the quantum of work required, you begin to understand how good the artist really is.
5. Follow Artists, Museums and Galleries Online: Technology is growing quicker than ever, and when it comes to art, it has now made tangible cultural heritage more accessible. If you can't go out and visit the artwork, it can easily come to you. Many museums and galleries around the world provide online tours and open up their exhibitions for their viewers on the internet. You can discover new artists and build a rapport with curators via social media, and stay updated on important events.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house. Unless otherwise noted, the author is writing in his/her personal capacity. They are not intended and should not be thought to represent official ideas, attitudes, or policies of any agency or institution.