Why Should Corporate Adopt Gamification To Train And Motivate Their Employees
Here is the list of top 5 reasons how gamification helps in achieving effective employee training and enhancing the employee motivation level.
Photo Credit :
With a revolution in the corporate culture, Gamification has become a successful employee training and retention technique. Gamification is a process of integrating gaming elements in an eLearning process to deduce a practical learning experience. Employees are essential pillars of a firm, and it is an employer’s responsibility to ensure the employees are always motivated. The ideal way to keep the motivation level high is to recognize and reward employees’ hard work and dedication. Below mentioned is the list of top 5 reasons how gamification helps in achieving effective employee training and enhancing the employee motivation level.
1.Employee engagement- You must have heard, “It is good to have a healthy competition.” A little sense of competition can enhance the motivation level and increases learning engagement as every employee gives his or her best. The games act a motivating agent which brush up leadership, teamwork, and competitive skills.
2.Breaking the monotony at work- All work no play makes Jack a dull boy, Right? What do you think? The process of Gamification helps employee break through the usual way of life and enter into a fun-filled knowledge sharing session. Playing games triggers the pleasure section of the brain, enhancing employee efficiency and productivity. When our mind is in a state of pleasure, dopamine, a neurotransmitter is released, which is a signal of satisfaction and contentment.
3. Allowing more learning opportunities- The virtual environment of Gamification in the form of eLearning offers opportunities to learn, fall, and rise all at the same time. The training received from these online modules is safe and effective and helps in preventing any hazards as the employee is prepared beforehand. Gamification helps to fight the fear of failure, hence driving employees towards motivation and success.
4. To align with the educational theories- The gamification technique lies in full alignment to the pedagogical approaches of constructivism and situational learning at work.
- According to the principles of constructivism, people imbibe whatever they see, feel, listen, read, do, and concepts demonstrated to them. With the help of games-based learning, an understanding is developed by comprehending the various form of content which helps in active learning.
- According to the principles of Situated Learning theory, people tend to learn better when they are put under certain complicated situations which are reflective of real life. By using gamification technique, the employees are put into different situations and contexts in the gaming world and ask to emerge victoriously. This section helps in boosting the logical skill set of the individual.
5. Works on both domains of minds- The gamification technique works on both cognitive (understanding, evaluating, and analyzing information) and affective (emotions, attitudes, and values) domain of the human brain. Both of these sections are associated with online training and learning. The games help in enhancing the cognition hence making quick and practical application of solutions.
Gamification offers a wide range of immersive learning options along with effective collaboration among employees, providing a healthy and productive eLearning experience. Hence, corporate should use game-based techniques to motivate and train their employees.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house. Unless otherwise noted, the author is writing in his/her personal capacity. They are not intended and should not be thought to represent official ideas, attitudes, or policies of any agency or institution.