- Education And Career
- Companies & Markets
- Gadgets & Technology
- After Hours
- Banking & Finance
- Energy & Infra
- Case Study
- Web Exclusive
- Property Review
- Digital India
- Work Life Balance
- Test category by sumit
Web Developer Ecosystem Of India Is Growing Due To Small Businesses
The web developer ecosystem in India has grown due to small businesses. GoDaddy web developer display shows major growth driven by creative, education, health and fitness verticals
Photo Credit :
GoDaddy, the world’s largest technology provider dedicated to small businesses released its Global Web Developer’s Survey, a global study of web developers. Supported by the explosive growth of the mobile marketplace, over 50% of the work done by Survey respondents is driven through mobile platforms. The pervasiveness of smart devices and increasing affordability, has further encouraged millions of small businesses to leverage mobile to enhance their business. Over two-thirds of web pages designed by web developers for small businesses in India are more likely to be tailored and targeted for mobile.
The survey states that 50% emerging markets like India tend to have more growth rate compared to have more new businesses when compared to developers in other regions. Face to face and email interactions which happen on a larger scale in India generate more communication for web developers to reach small businesses.
“Web developers are a driving force in helping SMBs increasingly do business online and helping to shape the growth of the digital economy. Web developers in India regularly guide and engage with small businesses to help them get online, given the Do-It-For-Me nature of the customers. At GoDaddy, our mission is to work closely with web developers and designers, and our reseller partners, by enabling them with online tools to deliver a distinctive online presence for their client,” said Nikhil Arora, Managing Director & Vice-President, GoDaddy India.
The GoDaddy Web Developer Survey conducted in India, the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, Brazil and Mexico by the research firm Evans Data, highlighted that developers in India are more likely to identify technical skills as important for business, further highlighting the Do-It-For-Me nature of India market.
The primary drivers of small business websites globally are:
- · Selling new services to existing clients: 40%
- · Providing support to existing clients: 31%
- · Finding new clients and reselling products/services: 28%
Overall, the Survey provides insight into an industry that is integral to the small business growth and the overall health of a digital economy. GoDaddy expresses their contributions towards uplifting small businesses but also enhance the web developer industry. The reason for uplifting the web developer ecosystem is to generate faster growth to the businesses that require more reach.
Aiding the growth of internet ecosystem, the GoDaddy Pro Program offers client management tools, advanced support, and other features to help web developers and designers more easily manage their client’s accounts and help them create an effective digital presence. The key features of The GoDaddy Pro Program include:
- · Admin Account access – Securely permits access to clients' products without sharing passwords
- · Client Product Dashboard – View all clients and their products in one place
- · Exclusive GoDaddy Pro Discounts – Regular discounts for Pros & their customers
- · Site Monitoring – Automated email and SMS alerts when client websites have issues; View client website uptime and site speed proactively
- · Shared Shopping – Send customers pre-loaded shopping carts via email for review and/or direct purchase
- · Pro Support – A direct line to a team of highly trained technical agents and super-quick support resolution
- · Pro Connect – Listing in Pro connect directory gives increased visibility to more potential clients