Advertisement

  • News
  • Columns
  • Interviews
  • BW Communities
  • Events
  • BW TV
  • Subscribe to Print
  • Editorial Calendar 19-20
BW Businessworld

UN chief strongly condemns 'heinous' knife attack in Nice

UN chief strongly condemns 'heinous' knife attack in Nice

Photo Credit :

New York [US], October 29 (ANI/Sputnik): UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres strongly condemns the knife attack at a church in the French city of Nice that killed three people, UN spokesperson Stephane Dujarric said in a press briefing on Thursday.
Earlier in the day, an attacker beheaded two of the victims and later was detained by the police. A probe, which considers a terrorism motive, was launched.
"The Secretary-General strongly condemns the heinous attack today, October 29, at the Notre Dame basilica in Nice, in which a number of people were killed," Dujarric said.
Guterres extended his condolences to the families of the victims and reaffirmed solidarity of the United Nations with the French government, the spokesman added.
The attack in Nice was followed by a knife-stabbing attempt in France's southeastern city of Avignon and another one at the French Consulate in Saudi Arabia.(ANI/Sputnik)

Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house. Unless otherwise noted, the author is writing in his/her personal capacity. They are not intended and should not be thought to represent official ideas, attitudes, or policies of any agency or institution.


ANI

ANI

More From The Author >>