TVS Racing Sweeps FMSCI National Championship 2018 Awards
Wins 12 out of 13 National Two-Wheeler Racing Championships participated
Photo Credit :
TVS Racing, the racing arm of TVS Motor Company, dominated the FMSCI National Championship 2018 Awards bagging top honours in 12 out of 13 categories participated. The annual awards ceremony was held in the presence of FIA president Jean Todt and other top FMSCI officials. The 2018 racing season was a highly successful one for TVS Racing as they won key individual, team and manufacturer awards across all forms of two-wheeler motorsport events - Supercross, Rally, Drag Racing and Road racing.
TVS Racing won the prestigious “Best Team” and “Manufacturer of the Year” awards in the Super Sport Indian category (upto 165cc) in the Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship. This is the 4th consecutive year that the team bagged both the key awards.
Mr. B. Selvaraj, Team Manager, TVS Racing said, “We are delighted to win the championships for almost all two-wheeler motorsport categories this year. With each passing season, we have consistently improved our performance to outperform our own past achievements and 2018 was another year of dominance. This gives us immense confidence to push harder, perform better and set new standards in the upcoming racing season.”
The list of awards won by the TVS Racing team is appended below.
MRF Mogrip FMSCI National supercross Championship 2018
- Group A - Foreign motorcycles up to 500cc 4 stroke riding RTR 300 FX (Rider: Harith Noah)
- Group C – Indian Experts up to 260cc riding Apache RTR 200 (Rider: Imran Pasha)
- Group C – Novice up to 260cc 4 stroke riding Apache RTR 200 (Rider: Imran Pasha)
MRF Mogrip FMSCI Indian National Rally Championship 2018 (INRC)
- Super Bike - Pro Expert – Motorcycles up to 600cc 4 stroke riding RTR 450 FX (Rider: R Nataraj)
- Super Sport Indian – Indian Motorcycles up to 260 4 stroke riding Apache RTR 200 (Rider: Rajendra R E)
- Super Sport Indian – Indian Motorcycles up to 165cc 4 stroke riding Apache RTR 165 (Rider: Imran Pasha)
- Ladies class – riding Apache RTR 200 (Rider: Aishwarya Pissay)
- Overall category – riding RTR 450 FX (R Nataraj - TVS Racing)
MRF MMSC FMSCI Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship 2018
- Super Sport Indian up to 165cc 4 stroke riding Apache RTR 160 (Rider: K. Jagan)
- Best team in the Super Sport Indian up to 165cc category (TVS Racing)
- Best manufacturer in the Super Sport Indian up to 165cc category (TVS Motor Company)
Indian National Drag Racing Championship
- Super Sport Indian up to 165cc 4 stroke riding Apache RTR 160 (Rider: Aravind Ganesh)
- Abdul Wahid Tanveer for his outstanding performance in International Rallies