Statue For Unity: Did You Know These Facts
The Statue of Unity is planned to be spread over 20,000 square meters of project area and will be surrounded by an artificial lake spread across 12 km of area. It would be the world's tallest statue when completed
Photo Credit :
The Statue For Unity is an under construction monument dedicated to Indian independence movement leader Vallabhbhai Patel located in the Indian state of Gujarat and will be 182 metres (597 feet) in height. This statue is planned to be spread over 20,000 square meters of project area and will be surrounded by an artificial lake spread across 12 km of area. It would be the world's tallest statue when completed.
- The Statue of Unity will have a viewing gallery at 153 m, which can accommodate up to 200 visitors at a go, and will offer an expansive view of the dam and environs.
- The Narmada, the fifth longest river in the Indian subcontinent, runs in a rift valley between the Vindhya and Satpura ranges. The Sardar Sarovar Dam and its 200 Km long reservoir will provide a view of the Satpura and Vindhya mountain ranges from the gallery of the Statue of Unity.
- The Statue of Unity is being built on Sadhu Island in the Narmada river, approximately 3.2 km away from the Sardar Sarovar Dam. A 3.5 km highway will be built to connect the island to Kevadia town in Gujarat.
- After the completion of the project, the Statue of Unity will generate approximately 15,000 direct jobs for tribal people every year.
- The time for construction of the Statue of Unity, the World’s Tallest Statue, is fixed at 42 months. No escalation on labour, fuel, and material is allowed.