Advertisement

  • News
  • Columns
  • Interviews
  • BW Communities
  • Events
  • BW TV
  • Subscribe to Print
  • Editorial Calendar 19-20
BW Businessworld

Over 10 Cr Unorganised Workers Registered On E-shram Portal: Centre

The Ministry also said that nearly 48 per cent of registered workers are male and the remaining 52 per cent of workers are female. Transgender is also being registered on the e-shram portal.

Photo Credit :

1624533530_WR7wVZ_agri_woman.jpg

The E-shram portal, the National Database of Unorganized Workers (UWs) which was launched on August 26, 2021, witnessed more than 10 crore registration, said the Ministry of Labour and Employment. 

According to the official statement, the e-Shram portal seeded with Aadhaar will be used to deliver all the social security benefits of the Central and State Governments for the unorganized workers. All eligible registered workers on the e-Shram portal get an accidental insurance cover of 2 lakh under PMSBY from the date of issue of policy.

Union Minister took to Twitter and wrote (roughly translated into English), "Over 10 crore registrations! E-shram is a reflection of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji's commitment to "Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas and Sabka Vishwas". In future, more than 38 crore workers in more than 400 businesses will be able to get the benefits of social security schemes anywhere, anytime."

The State Governments have been on board over 17,337 State Seva Kendras with the e-shram portal to extend the outreach of the registration facility. The workers also have the facility to self-register by visiting the e-shram Portal. Presently, around 81 per cent of registration is being done by CSC and SSKs and the remaining 19 per cent through self-registration, said the ministry. 

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted, (roughly translated into English), "This is the journey from determination to accomplishment. The strength of crores of workers and workers of the country is becoming the cornerstone of new India today. The strong future of the country is hidden in their social security."

The Ministry also said that nearly 48 per cent of registered workers are male and the remaining 52 per cent of workers are female.  Transgender is also being registered on the e-shram portal. So far, 2,380 transgenders have been registered on e-shram. Around 61 per cent of registered workers belong to the 18-40 years of age group, while nearly 22 per cent are in the age group of 40-50 years.


Tags assigned to this article:
unorganised workers E-SHRAM Portal Centre government