Advertisement

  • News
  • Columns
  • Interviews
  • BW Communities
  • Events
  • BW TV
  • Subscribe to Print
  • Editorial Calendar 19-20
BW Businessworld

Official statement regarding the encounter with Vikas Dubey to be released soon, says UP ADG

Official statement regarding the encounter with Vikas Dubey to be released soon, says UP ADG

Photo Credit :

Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) [India], July 10 (ANI): Uttar Pradesh ADG Law and Order Prashant Kumar on Friday said that an official statement regarding the encounter in which Vikas Dubey died will be released soon.
"After the car had overturned, Vikas Dubey tried to snatch weapons from the police and he attempted to flee after which there was retaliatory fire by the police in which he was injured," UP ADG Law and order told ANI.
He added, "He was declared dead after being taken to hospital. We would be issuing an official statement regarding the same soon."
Dubey was arrested by the police in Ujjain on Thursday morning. He was on the run for the last six days and had come to the city to offer prayers at a temple, where he was identified by a security guard.
The gangster is the main accused in the encounter that took place in Bikru village in Chaubeypur area of Kanpur last week, in which a group of assailants opened fire on a police team, which had gone to arrest him. Eight police personnel were killed in the encounter.
Dubey managed to escape after the killing. The Uttar Pradesh police launched a hunt and raised a bounty on him for Rs 5 lakh. (ANI)

Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house. Unless otherwise noted, the author is writing in his/her personal capacity. They are not intended and should not be thought to represent official ideas, attitudes, or policies of any agency or institution.


Tags assigned to this article:
lucknow uttar pradesh kanpur Kanpur encounter Vikas Dubey

ANI

ANI

More From The Author >>