- Education And Career
- Companies & Markets
- Gadgets & Technology
- After Hours
- Banking & Finance
- Energy & Infra
- Case Study
- Web Exclusive
- Property Review
- Digital India
- Work Life Balance
- Test category by sumit
Must have furniture products for a luxury posh home
Rugs and carpets are a must and are used to add pattern and color to floors without taking much attention away from the furniture. Use rugs to create distinct seating space.
Photo Credit :
Beautiful homes don’t just happen by chance, especially high end, luxury homes. It requires more than just an idea and money, it needs a team of top tier architects, designers, craftsmen making use of the best of the materials to bring out something that is of a different standard altogether. What brings everything together is the furniture and other décor items placed in the house. Not all and every kind of furniture adds that oomph and style to a house, but there are certain styles and types that you will find in every luxury posh home.
Here are our top 5 pick of what you must have if you are planning on converting your home into a luxury address.
1. French Villa Style seating space - Create a sophisticated look for living room by going for intrinsically designed, bold carvings yet elegant sofa sets. While modern day homes don’t prefer using such furniture, they go for straighter and upholstered type of designs, the trends are surely changing in the luxury segment. Traditional furniture is now inspiring luxury. The demand for such European and French country style designs, is only increasing amongst the HNI and UHNI home owners.
2. Dining Table Set - While smaller apartments can’t accommodate dining table sets or opt for smaller size tables, if you want your home to speak of luxury, you need to invest in that dining table set now. The higher the seat number, the better. A big dining table (minimum 6 seater) is a sign of grandeur and a must for your luxury posh home. Anything bigger than 8 seater and you have a winner. And don’t forget to invest in some excellent tableware. And not just some mismatched plates with some glasses which you have collected over the years, but a proper -complete set for a minimum 8 place settings and double the number for glassware, which includes full plates, quarter plates, bread plates, salad bowls, soup bowls, all types of forks, all types of spoons, all types of dinner knives, wine glasses and water glasses, and appropriate serveware.
3. Classic Headboard Bed – Different rooms, different choices for bed, but a classic free standing bed, characterised by a sturdy frame and elegant wood work, supported by a standard headboard (fully upholstered or just plan solid wood back) height, is worth investing in. And, keep in mind, buying some solid colors - super soft quality bed linens. Look for higher GSM (thread count) when shopping for your bed linens.
4. A chaise like no other– A beautiful piece of handcrafted wooden chaise coupled with rich fabric makes for a perfect furniture item to have for your luxury abode. Popular in the 16th century amongst the French Aristocrats to lounge and rest during the day, is now a must have item, you can place it in your living room, guest waiting room, in gazebo , and if you want to take it up another level, then you must have it in your walk in wardrobe/ dressing room. Take inspiration from Netflix’s current trending series- Bridgerton , where it’s all about grand regent styling.
5. Mega rugs – You cannot leave the floor unattended if you want a luxury pad. Whether it is living room, bedroom, kitchen and even bathroom. Rugs and carpets are a must and are used to add pattern and color to floors without taking much attention away from the furniture. Use rugs to create distinct seating space.
Everyone's definition of luxury is different, your version can drastically differ from someone else’s style of posh and rich, but there are things that are common in all such homes such as modern technology, higher ceilings , amenities and comfort . Whether you are looking to remodel your home or build a new one, and you want it to reflect lavish styling, think of everything from a point of view of abundance and grandeur. Bigger, bolder and brighter.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house. Unless otherwise noted, the author is writing in his/her personal capacity. They are not intended and should not be thought to represent official ideas, attitudes, or policies of any agency or institution.