- Education And Career
- Companies & Markets
- Gadgets & Technology
- After Hours
- Banking & Finance
- Energy & Infra
- Case Study
- Web Exclusive
- Property Review
- Digital India
- Work Life Balance
- Test category by sumit
Important To Score Well In Board Exams But Is Not The End
Prateek Bhargava, Founder & CEO, Mindler an education technology start up, shares his view points about the examination tips, keeping yourself healthy and importance of board exams
Photo Credit :
Prateek Bhargava, Founder & CEO, Mindler an education technology start up, shares his view points about the examination tips, keeping yourself healthy and importance of board exams.
What are the things to keep in mind while writing exams?
Being in a relaxed state of mind would be my first advice. It is only when you are calm that you can give your best. Anxiety can impede memory and recalling well revised topics can become challenging. Other than that, here are some additional tips:
1. Erase all negative thoughts from your mind inlead up to your exams as this will affect your confidence level. Focus your mind on positive and happy thoughts.
2. Try not to read about a new topic just before the exam, as it can lead to confusion and anxiety. Have trust in your knowledge and preparation.
3. Read and analyse all the questions carefully before attempting since many mistakes are made at this stage. Plan your time allocation for each question or section carefully.
4. Avoid spending time on any specific question/ section beyond that which has been allocated at the commencement of the exam.
5. Try those questions first that you feel most confident about and find easy. You do not need to follow thelinear order while answering questions.
6. Don’t hesitate to check with the invigilator in case if you are unclear about any question or see a printing error in the question paper.
7. Do not try to attempt all the questions if there is negative marking.
How to keep illness at bay during the exam season with the changing weather?
Parents play a very important role in keeping their child away from illness/infections during exams. They need to ensure that their child gets proper sleep, eats healthy and nutritious home cooked food and packs in physical exercise in their daily schedule. Meditation can also help children in being calm and focused during this stressful time.
What are the last-minute revision tips for the students?
First of all, prepare mentally for the exam by answering mock papers and timing yourself on them as if it were a real exam. This will boost your confidence, help you plan answering time proficiently, and give you a clear idea of your weak and strong points. If you don’t find the discipline to do this by yourself, rope in a friend and test each others’ papers. Once done, discuss the mistakes with each other – this will transform your study orientation and prepare you in a much better way.
How to handle stress and anxiety?
The best way to handle anxiety and stress is to stay positive and surround yourself with happy people and happy thoughts. You should take out a little bit of time with friends to de-stress and get someoutdoor exercise. Make sure that you eat well andtake about 8 to 10 hours of sleep the night before the exam.Family again has a role to play here in ensuring that the child receives love and support at every step.
How important is it to score well in the exams? Is it relevant in the future or just for namesake?
While it is important to score well, future success is not guaranteed because of that. Not scoring high marks does not mean one cannot succeed going forward. There are a lot of career choices where talent and not scores, are the real currency. In today’s education system, getting good marks is not that difficult but your concept and basics should be clear. I would suggest that students focus on enhancing their skills and work hard on the areas they are good at.
Exam marks are not the last word on one’s abilities but approach, attitude, and dedication are. This is why, every student should focus on giving their best and not worry about the rest!