Importance Of Travel Insurance For A Family Vacation
Travel insurance will only ensure that you have a safe trip and happy memories. So, make sure you don’t forget to add it to your checklist the next time you are planning a trip.
Photo Credit :
Mid-term exams will soon be over, and the Diwali holidays will start. Students of every age group are already excitedly planning a vacation with their parents. In India, holidays tend to be the time when families take a flight to exotic countries to enjoy the weather and their vibrant culture.
As families, these are moments to cherish for the rest of their life. These are also memories the children are going to cherish for a lifetime and take back to their friends. There are times, however, when things can go wrong. We tend to plan a perfect getaway, but never plan for unforeseen emergencies, while planning a trip. Requirements like urgent medical attention are quite common when on an international trip. The worst reality check happens when your expenses for these emergencies are much higher then your budget for the trip.
What insurance should cover during a family trip abroad
The only way you could have saved yourself from a situation like this is by having a trusted insurance partner. This is an instrument that is often dealt with least eye of details, especially while you are travelling.
Assume you are travelling from Monday to Friday to Sterling Resorts in Amsterdam. While on your way to the airport on Monday morning, your cab hits a divider and you’re severely injured. But since your travel insurance covers you from midnight of Monday to midnight of Friday, you’re covered for all the expenses incurred, by the Door to Door Cover by your policy for anything that happens from the time you’ve left home till the time you back by Friday midnight.
Insurance plans like these include:
- Each person covered individually – Covering a group through a group insurance plan might not give you the advantage of a comprehensive cover that covers everything and everyone. Buying individual covers ensures complete protection of each individual and also helps in avoiding insurance hassels in a foreign country
- Medical cover – Medical emergencies can crop up anytime, anywhere and to anyone. In a foreign country, instead of breaking your head over unplanned expenses, a travel insurance will cover the medical expenses as well as include benefits like transporting a care taker, in certain extreme cases.
- Loss of Passport – Imagine losing your passport in a foreign country! What can be more scary than that! But with a travel insurance, your company can help you get in touch with the embassy and arrange for alternate means to travel back to the country
- Flight delays – Who hasn’t faced flight delays. But instead of spending money on expensive shopping, you can claim a flat benefit rate on your travel insurance and spend the time waiting for your flight with a book or a coffee.
Buying International Travel Insurance has some benefits that travelers should crave for!
- Zero deductible: You don’t pay anything at all when you make a claim
- Cover that knows how you travel: Ensure you extend your cover to include activities like bungee jumping, sky diving or scuba diving
- Smartphone-enabled claims process: This is a must when you are travelling aboard. Look for insurance covers that do not demand No paperwork and running around. It should be a quick scheme like upload your documents when you make a claim and sort your mind
Travelling is quite the norm these days and more so with families. Travel insurance will only ensure that you have a safe trip and happy memories. So, make sure you don’t forget to add it to your checklist the next time you are planning a trip.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house. Unless otherwise noted, the author is writing in his/her personal capacity. They are not intended and should not be thought to represent official ideas, attitudes, or policies of any agency or institution.