How Car Windows Will Become An Interactive & Experience-Oriented Channel For B2B Marketers
If you are thinking that in-car experience is only for passengers and B2C advertisers, then think again. It has tremendous opportunities for our community of B2B marketing professionals too. Here’s why we should start digging deep, especially now
Photo Credit : ShutterStock
The fifth-screen is arriving. So is the new channel for delivering interactive content and advertisements. Alongside television, laptop, tablet and smartphone, in-car screens (interactive car windows) are going to add a new dimension to the way we consume content today.
In case you do not know what I am talking about, watch this video Toyota’s Window to the World to understand what automotive industry is up to. While no one knows when we are going to see car windows as our entertainment or information screens, we can safely say that it’s going to arrive soon, and we are going to use interactive windows for various information and entertainment purposes.
With the increasing discussions about new cars with AR-enabled screens and VR-enabled experiences, marketers can now ‘literally’ think of driving the consumers from the ad to the product by adding interactivity to the content and using geolocating advertising—for example, to show nearby restaurants, shops, and such. But what does it stand for B2B marketers?
B2B marketing is usually a bit serious type of marketing. We are known to follow our peers in the B2C space. However, it doesn’t have to be like that. We wouldn’t be late as always to join the bandwagon if we start observing this opportunity now for future.
Here’s how we can use interactive car windows as ways of meaningfully engaging with our customers.
- For Events: How about sponsoring ground transport for event attendees and leveraging the car windows to encourage footfalls at your booth? Or just briefing the commuters about your new product and services?
- For Targeted Workshops: how about organizing a targeted workshop on wheels, especially when you can leverage the windows as screens?
- For Executive-Customer Meetings: how about briefing a customer even before you reach the meeting place by using the content being displayed on the car window to engage them further in the conversation?
- For Client/Lab Visits: How about taking the customers around the campus or facility in a car that tells them about each landmark via interactive windows? How about taking them to a lab and setting the context before they even get there?
- For Press Conferences: How about bringing all journalists to a press conference in cars that display precursors on the windows and give basic answers to them in the car itself?
- For advertising: How about using the geolocating services to advertise your products and services
- And More.
Although these ideas might be expensive initially, they are going to have the maximum impact when this technology is new. So, if you are thinking of accelerating your target audiences’ experience level significantly, the fifth-screen can be an important channel of communication. Yes, for B2B marketers too!
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house. Unless otherwise noted, the author is writing in his/her personal capacity. They are not intended and should not be thought to represent official ideas, attitudes, or policies of any agency or institution.