- Education And Career
- Companies & Markets
- Gadgets & Technology
- After Hours
- Banking & Finance
- Energy & Infra
- Case Study
- Web Exclusive
- Property Review
- Digital India
- Work Life Balance
- Test category by sumit
HCL Rolls Out COVID-19 Support For Employees; Launches Family Assistance Program
HCL’s efforts are focused on two broad areas including COVID Care Support and devising a holistic Family Assistance program to help employees and their families emerge out of the health crisis.
Photo Credit : Livemint
HCL has expanded its COVID-19 mitigation efforts for employees, to help them navigate the challenges from the second wave of pandemic that has struck India.
The company's efforts are focused on two broad areas including COVID Care Support and devising a holistic Family Assistance program to help employees and their families emerge out of the health crisis.
HCL’s COVID Care Support initiatives involve providing assistance to meet immediate needs for employees and family members who test COVID positive. This includes access to 24x7 COVID Care helplines and isolation facilities.
For isolation facilities, The tech giant has partnered with Hospitals in Delhi, Noida, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Lucknow, Nagpur, Madurai and Kolkata to provide employees easy access to treatment and isolation facilities.
To ensure that employees and their families with mild symptoms are able to manage care within their homes, HCL has partnered with organizations to provide services including home delivery of medicines, medical care at home services, food delivery services, RTPCR and lab services, thermometers and oximeters.
For more severe cases ambulance services, oxygen concentrators and access to critical medicines is also provided.
Also, HCL has launched vaccination drives for employees and their dependent family members since 24th March ’21 in its campuses as well as with partner hospitals.
To support the dependents of employees who unfortunately lost their lives due to COVID, HCL has introduced a holistic Family Assistance Program. This includes:
- Compassionate Assistance Allowance: this is a lump sum amount which is released to the bereaved family quickly to help them manage immediate expenses.
- Child Education Support - introduced retrospectively (effective from April 1, 2020) to support deceased employees’ school going children continue their formal education without gap.
- Medical Insurance Coverage: HCL will pay the medical insurance premium for the dependents of the deceased employee for two more policy terms to help them manage any unforeseen medical expenses.
- Gratuity: this will be paid to employees’ families, irrespective of defined minimum five-year continuous service eligibility criteria.
- Employment Opportunity: To ensure the deceased employees’ family is cared for and have a financially secure future, HCL has decided to offer employment opportunities to the unemployed spouse or dependent children above the age of 18 years, basis their qualifications, open positions and trainability.