Advertisement

  • News
  • Columns
  • Interviews
  • BW Communities
  • Events
  • BW TV
  • Subscribe to Print
  • Editorial Calendar 19-20
BW Businessworld

Elephant dies from electrocution in Chhattisgarh

Elephant dies from electrocution in Chhattisgarh

Photo Credit :

Raigarh (Chhattisgarh) [India], June 16 (ANI): An elephant died after getting electrocuted in a village in Dharamjaigarh block of Raigarh district on Tuesday.
Two people have been arrested in connection with the case.
"Today morning in Dharamjaigarh block, about seven to eight-year-old elephant died after getting electrocuted. Both Police and forest department officialas have reached the spot to take stock of the situation. On the basis of the primary investigation, it seems the wire from which the elephant got electrocuted was being used illegally," said Raigarh Superintendent of Police (SP) Santosh Kumar Singh.
He said if necessary an FIR will also be filed. "There have been multiple accidents like this before and even some people have lost their lives".
Further, an investigation is underway. (ANI)

Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house. Unless otherwise noted, the author is writing in his/her personal capacity. They are not intended and should not be thought to represent official ideas, attitudes, or policies of any agency or institution.


ANI

ANI

More From The Author >>