- Education And Career
- Companies & Markets
- Gadgets & Technology
- After Hours
- Banking & Finance
- Energy & Infra
- Case Study
- Web Exclusive
- Property Review
- Digital India
- Work Life Balance
- Test category by sumit
Digital Security Awareness Is A Compulsion In Today's Times
With the growing times in digitisation, it.has become compulsory to make users and organisations aware of digital security measures
Photo Credit : Subhabrata Das
Vijay Mukhi, Cyber Crime Investigator explains the measures required to eradicate cyber crimes by stating some very important points in a panel discussion at the BW CIO World Imperatives. He said, "In the year 2002, the first cyber crime took place in the year 2002 in a Mumbai police station. After catching the person responsible, he has still not been sentenced for his crimes. Hence if we don't prosecute hackers, none of the anti virus and security measures will be effective."
The most primary steps to improve cyber security involve awareness at scale and measures to avoid cyber crimes and unknown viruses and malware threats.
Keyur Desai, CIO, Essar Ports & Shipping, VP & Head InfoSecurity, Communications- Essar Limited elaborates the above point by stating, "Cyber security in all the digitised sectors in India are vulnerable and awareness is low as well. This needs to improve in order to educate people about cyber crimes and ways to avoid them."
Tushar Vagal, CIO - L&T Realty LTD spoke about the threats that L&T has faced regarding cyber security and the measures they have taken to strengthen the systems of their organisation.
Tushar said, "The greatest fear we have is loosing a server and loosing customer data. We have built an ecosystem of cyber security in depth which has taken us to 60% efficiency in tackling cyber crimes. We need to cover the remaining 40% and that is what we are focusing on."
Venkata Satish Guttula, Director Security, Rediff.com India Ltd described the security measures adopted by his organisation in order to prevent threats. He said, "We have taken a lot of efforts in segregating employee e mail accounts and we oversee external details coming from outside our organisation. Even if there is a suspicious logging taking place, we provide OTP related services to the employees to identify any exterior mails and threats coming in."
Meheriar Patel, CTO, AGC Networks Ltd describes the initiatives adapted by his organisation. He said, "We have taken 2 important initiatives where we have implemented certain security measures and also are spreading awareness on the types of effective anti cyber crime methods. It is important to understand if an organisation is fit to handle unknown and known threats."
Bhavin B Bhansali, Cyber Security Expert defines the major problems of cyber crimes at the customer's end. He explains, "The bigger issue is at the consumer end. If emails hit the customers from unknown sources, that would lead to a lot of trouble It is very important to stop these emails from hitting the customers and avoid malware attacks.
The panel concluded that the cyber crimes cannot be predicted and hackers need to be sentenced and the number of hackers must reduce in order to prevent cyber attacks.